Hug a Doula today!
World Doula week started yesterday (March 22) to coincide with spring equinox, which represents the return of fertility in various cultures.
“The purpose of World Doula Week (“WDW”) is to empower doulas all over the world to improve the physiological, social, emotional, and psychological health of women, newborns and families in birth and in the postpartum period. The World Doula Week events will take place all over the world during the same week, stating the benefits of the presence of doulas in birth and in the postpartum period:
* Reduces the incidence of c-sections
* May shorten the length of labor
* Reduces epidural and analgesic requests
* Increases breastfeeding initiation and continuation
* Increases mother’s satisfaction of birth experience
* Can reduce the incidence of postpartum mood disorders
* Increases new parents’ confidence in the care of their newborn”
You can find information about World Doula week on the “World Doula Week” facebook page
, as well as event information on their event page
. If you’re on Instagram, make sure to check out the #worlddoulaweek hashtag. And lastly, don’t forget to hug a Doula!!